This heavenly juicy and fluffy cheesecake without a base has as much protein as a protein shake and delivers a whole 10 g of collagen hydrolysate per piece (8 pieces per cake).
We’ve optimized the recipe for you so that you don’t even have to separate the eggs – the cake is stirred together in minutes and still becomes light and airy!
By using quark, eggs, additional egg white powder and collagen hydrolysate, you can make a delicious “multi-component protein” cake: milk protein, egg protein and collagen protein. With just 162 kcal per piece and 23 g of protein, this cake will keep you full for a long time and also helps to cover your daily collagen requirements.
What is collagen important for?
Over 30% of the protein in the human body consists of collagen, making it the largest proportion of all body proteins. Collagen is an important organic component of the skin and connective tissue of bones, fascia, teeth, organs, cartilage, tendons and ligaments. In order to maintain health, regenerate and build up this tissue, we need a sufficient and regular supply of the proteins and amino acids required for the body’s own collagen synthesis through food.
In young people, collagen is produced in large quantities and damaged structures are quickly replaced. With advancing age, however, these processes become significantly slower and the body’s collagen scaffolding becomes weaker – the skin loses its elasticity, the connective tissue weakens and joint cartilage decomposes.
The recipe can be modified at will – refined with Nuketo, with various types of fruit, flavours or optionally with a base made from our almond paste. Here you can also find the recipe variation for a classic lemon or vanilla cheesecake --> CLICK
Recipe Protein Collagen Cheesecake CHOCOLATE low carb gluten free low calorie
- 500 g low fat curd cheese ("Quark")
- 4 eggs medium or large
- 100 ml milk
- vanilla pulp
- 7 g Dr. Almond Low Carb Sweetener Cristalline
- 50 g Dr. Almond CHOCOLATE Pudding Powder
- 80 g Dr. Almond Collagen Hydrolysate PREMIUM
- 15 g Dr. Almond EGG WHITE PROTEIN POWDER
- 5 g Dr. Almond Low Carb Baking Powder
- 15 g Dr. Almond PREMIUM Cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 g butter melted
- baking tray round 24,6 cm
- Mix curd, eggs, flavour and milk.
- Mix the pudding powder, collagen, sweetness, Cocoa, egg white powder, salt and baking powder and stir into the curd mixture by the spoonful. Finally, add the melted butter and continue stirring for approx. 2 minutes on the highest setting.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased form and bake in the oven at 160 degrees convection oven for about 40 minutes. After baking, let it cool down in the oven with the oven door slightly open.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
For a 26 cm springform pan, 1.5 times the amount also fits very well, then the cake is slightly higher. This extends the baking time by 10-15 minutes.