Recipe Juicy Cinnamon rolls low-carb gluten-free low-cal
Heavenly juicy cinnamon rolls with refreshing cream cheese frosting – just 140 kcal and 1 g net carbs per roll!
For the dough
- 200 g Dr. Almond Almond Dough CLASSIC
- 4 eggs medium
- 250 g water
- some butter to grease baking paper
For the cinnamon filling
- 50 g butter
- 50 g Dr. Almond Caramel Dream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preparing the dough
- Mix the baking mix with eggs and water.
- Butter one piece of baking paper generously.
- Roll out the dough on the baking paper until it’s about 0.5 cm thick (this means 2 – 3 cm smaller than the size of the baking paper on each side). TIP: The dough can be worked and flattened best with wet hands.
Filling and rolling up
- Melt the butter, briefly heat up with cinnamon and caramel dream and spread on the dough when still warm.
- Now roll up the dough starting with the short edges and with the help of the baking paper, wrap the roll tightly and press down firmly after each full turn. TIP: Should the dough stick to the baking paper, wet your fingers and carefully loosen the sticky spots.
- Cut into 12 rolls with a wet sharp knife and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper - with the cutting sides facing upwards and approx. 1 cm between them.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 175°C (fan) for about 35 min. Extend baking time by 10 minutes if you use upper and lower heat. After baking, wrap in a kitchen cloth when still hot and leave to cool inside the cloth – this way the rolls will turn out especially soft and tender.
Spreading the frosting
- For the frosting, mix all ingredients thoroughly until smooth and pour and spread over the cooled rolls.
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 4gFat: 12gFiber: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was (CLICK)